5 Things You Need to Know About Plan Management
If you or a loved one has a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Plan, you may have heard about Plan Management and wondered what it is.
Here are 5 facts to help you understand Plan Management and choose the right Plan Management company for you.
- Plan Managers are not the NDIS – These are individual organisations who help people with an NDIS Plan pay their invoices for services used to support them. Plan Management companies should be participant focused and support you to get the most out of your NDIS Plan.
- There are many different funding categories – It can be overwhelming and confusing at times to know what you can use your NDIS Plan funding to pay for. Plan Managers can help you understand what is available to you and make sure you’re getting the most out of your funding.
- They have different payment times – While all Plan Management companies will pay your invoices in your behalf, it is worth noting that the payment terms are not always the same. Prompt payment terms supports your service providers to get paid for services quickly. It is also worth asking what other features are offered to help you monitor your funding.
- Not all Plan Managers are the same – It is worth taking the time to find a Plan Management provider who suits your values and personal needs. Do you want a local or national provider? Not-for-profit or privately owned? Do you want to be able to see someone in person or just speak to them over the phone? You should feel valued and empowered by your Plan Management provider.
- Plan Management is not an additional cost – Plan Management can be included in your NDIS funding plan. If it’s not already included, a Plan Manager can help you navigate the process to see if you’re eligible.
It is hoped these tips will take the mystery out of Plan Management and allow people with an NDIS Plan to make the most of the services available to them. Are-able has been providing disability services for over 30 years and is happy to answer any questions people may have about Plan Management.