Are-able is a not-for-profit organisation that began in Warrnambool in 1989 to help people with a disability find open employment opportunities. In its first year, it employed three people. Today, we’ve got more than 400 staff across 36 sites in Victoria and South Australia.
Over the past 30 years, are-able has helped more than 40,000 people find meaningful and inclusive employment, improving their lives and enriching local communities.
Our Services include:
- Workforce Australia Employment Services
- Disability Employment Services– for employment of people with disability in open employment
- Employer Recruitment Services
- Social Enterprises
- NDIS Plan Management
- NDIS School Leaver Employment Supports
- NDIS Activities
- Are-able Wellbeing Services
- Are-able Foundation
As a community-based not-for-profit organisation, are-able channels funding back into regional communities through the are-able Foundation and specialist support programs. These provide quality employment services for employers and job seekers.
Are-able also partners with key community stakeholders to achieve the best possible outcome for its clients. These include:
- Local employers and businesses
- Industry groups
- Community support services
- Allied health professionals
- Schools and Education institutions
- The Department of Employment and Workplace Relations (DEWR)
- The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- The Department of Social Services (DSS)
- The NDIS
- Government and council
For three decades, are-able has been actively extending its support to local communities, enhancing the well-being of individuals through employment, education, and fostering connections. Our commitment to excellence drives us to continuously enhance our services, with our performance measured against both national and international industry benchmarks. In the upcoming year, we will undergo a transition as our certifications and accreditation certificates move from WDEA Works to become a part of are-able.