Starting 4 July, the Australian Government’s (Department of Workplace Relations) new Workforce Australia employment service will commence – replacing the familiar jobactive program.
Workforce Australia encompasses an array of employment services.
Are-able has been contracted to provide employment services and training on behalf of Workforce Australia.
What does this mean for job seekers?
Workforce Australia employment services will give individuals the knowledge and tools they need to get a job, learn new skills, or access the extra support if they need it.
If you are a job-ready job seeker you will be placed in Workforce Australia’s online employment services. If you need more support to get job-ready an Employment Service Provider will support, you with tailored services to help you find and keep meaningful work.
If you were an are-able job seeker (under jobactive) and are moving to another provider or online services, you should have received all the information you need for this transition.
If you still have some questions, please know you’re always welcome to come by our offices and our friendly staff will try their best to assist you.
What Workforce Australia services are are-able delivering?
- Employment Services in the South Coast of Victoria (Warrnambool, Portland, Hamilton, Colac)
- Employability Skills Training (EST) in the:
- South Coast of Victoria (Warrnambool, Portland, Hamilton, Colac)
- Goulburn Murray Region (Echuca, Shepparton, Albury, Wangaratta)
- Wimmera Mallee Region (Horsham, Swan Hill, Mildura)
- Career Transition Assistance (CTA) in the Bendigo region
- Transition to Work (TtW) in the South Coast of Victoria (Warrnambool, Portland, Hamilton, Colac)
Will this impact Disability Employment Services?
Are-able delivered Disability Employment Services will not be impacted.
Will this impact School Leaver Employment Supports?
Are-able delivered School Leaver Employment Supports will not be impacted.
Learn more about Workforce Australia here
Contact us here.